Wyoming Gov. Mark Gordon on June 2 announced that a next-generation nuclear power plant will be built at a soon-to-be-retired coal-fired plant in Wyoming in the next several years. The project is a joint initiative between Bill Gates’ TerraPower and PacifiCorp, owned by Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway.
There are many reasons why the people of WY don’t want Bill Gates’ nuclear power plant, and they include the following:
- It Contaminates the Environment
- There Is No Guaranteed Safe or Long-Term Storage for the waste
- It Causes Long-Term Health Effects
- It’s Expensive and Hazardous to Cleanup
- Nuclear Waste Processing Is Very Polluting
- Plutonium Extraction Increases the Risk of Nuclear Production
- The Release of Radioactivity into the Environment Can Go Unnoticed for Many Years
- National security Nuclear power plants are a potential target for terrorist operations. An attack could cause major explosions, putting the population at risk, as well as ejecting dangerous radioactive material into the atmosphere and surrounding region. Nuclear research facilities, uranium enrichment plants, and uranium mines are also potentially at risk for attacks that could cause widespread contamination with radioactive material.
- Cancer risk In addition to the significant risk of cancer associated with fallout from nuclear disasters, studies also show increased risk for those who reside near a nuclear power plant, especially for childhood cancers such as leukemia. Workers in the nuclear industry are also exposed to higher than normal levels of radiation, and as a result are at a higher risk of death from cancer.
- Nuclear waste: The waste generated by nuclear reactors remains radioactive for tens to hundreds of thousands of years. Currently, there are no long-term storage solutions for radioactive waste, and most is stored in temporary, above-ground facilities. These facilities are running out of storage space, so the nuclear industry is turning to other types of storage that are more costly and potentially less safe.
As if the dangers of a nuclear power plant are not enough, Bill Gates’ own foundation and his relationship with big-pharma should also raise red flags.
For over twenty years Bill Gates and his Foundation, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) have been vaccinating children by the millions in remote areas of the poorest countries, mostly Africa and Asia. Most of their vaccination program had disastrous results, causing the very illness (polio, for example, in India) and sterilizing young women in Kenya, with modified tetanus vaccines. Many died from Gates' vaccines.
The Gates Foundation was sued by governments around the world, Kenya, India, the Philippines, and more.
Indian doctors blame the Gates campaign for a devastating vaccine-strain polio epidemic that paralyzed 496,000 children between 2000 and 2017.
This is not someone we want to do business with, nor entrust our livelihood or our State with.
We, the citizens of Wyoming, demand that WY Governor Mark Gordon, and all Wyoming representatives, listen to their constituents and rescind the agreement with Bill Gates to build a nuclear power plant in beautiful Wyoming.
We also call on Gillette, WY Mayor Louise Carter-King, and Gillette City Council to reject Bill Gates’ nuclear power plant. Coal and other natural renewable energy sources are much safer than nuclear power and the waste it produces. Gillette residents want nothing to do with Bill Gates and we don’t want to live anywhere near a nuclear power plant. Our heath and safety are paramount and we don’t want our representatives to place more importance on profit than on their constituents.
Please sign and say NO to the nuclear power plant slated to be built in WY.