In 2021 & 2022 Franklin Pride Fest featured Drag Queen Shows both years. These drag shows violated city ordinance and an existing state obscenity law.
For 2023 they promise no drag shows and are marketing it as “family friendly” with activities including a “youth activity tent” and a “teens activity tent”. But “No Drag Show” does not control actions/dress of attendees to an event centered around sexuality.
The adults of Franklin Pride demonstrated an extreme lack of judgment in promoting such a performer as “family friendly” and targeting minors with youth activities on city property where “The Blair Bitch” (See image above) and others were performing. How can we trust that it will be family friendly this year when city ordinances and existing state obscenity laws were violated in the past?
"The drag queen might appear as a comic figure, but he carries an utterly serious message:
- The deconstruction of sex
- The reconstruction of child sexuality
- The subversion of middle-class family life" — Chris Rufo https://www.city-journal.org/the-real-story-behind-drag-queen-story-hour
Due to the uncertain path this event could take and in light of a community shaken by recent events we ask that the officials of BOMA reject the permit for the festival.
Give our community time to heal as well as time to understand the impact of transgender ideology on our children. This article by Chris Rufo will shed some light on transgender ideology - https://www.city-journal.org/the-real-story-behind-drag-queen-story-hour
By fully understanding where transgenderism aims to take our children:
- We stand against the pushing of gender ideology on minors
- We stand against the sexualization of children
- We do not see this event as "family friendly" as one of it's main goals is to "subvert middle-class family life" and values
Franklin BOMA will vote to Approve/Deny - Tuesday, April 11, 5:00 PM
Please attend the meeting on 4/11 to oppose the permit.
(Note to signers: Petition will be delivered April 10, 2023 to BOMA)